Thursday, August 4, 2011

What a Ride!

I had no intention of posting today, seeing as how I spent nearly twelve hours in the car driving from New Jersey to Kentucky.  However, it is one o'clock, and I can't sleep.  I don't even feel tired.  It may have something to do with the venti Americano that I started my day with, followed by the five hour energy that I felt the need for around six o'clock, but I digress. 

An interesting car ride, if I do say so myself.  Now, I know what you're all thinking; "I've done the car ride from New Jersey to Kentucky, there is nothing interesting about it".  Well, it is interesting if you are riding in style.  That's right ladies and gentleman (I say that because I am sure my husband is the only man reading this), my sister and I drove over six hundred miles in a Chevy Aveo.  Oh, yea, love us for doing our part to save the earth and decided on a gas friendly car over our gas guzzlers.  You may love us, but I think the Aveo, along with our bodies hate us for the decision.  How many of you have driven an Aveo?  Not many of you?  Well, let me tell you, they are not made for the mountains of West Virginia.  Our little car that could had sixteen wheelers passing us on the up hills.  It was embarrassing.  Driving into Kentucky we felt the need to say kind words to the darling little car, reassuring her (not masculine enough to be a male car, I've decided... even though it is my fathers car) that we were almost there.

Our photographer (http://www.sethshimkonis.com/) is awesome!

Since making it to the hotel, with the exception of feeding ourselves, I've been laying in bed looking at all of my wedding pictures.  The online album "went live" today, and looking at all the pictures made me so happy!  It really was a perfect day (but how is it not when you get to marry your best friend) and it looks like everyone had a great time.  People should throw big parties more often!

And I should attempt to get some sleep.  Goodnight everyone (everyone being all five of the great friends who read this nonsense I've decided to bore you with).  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment