Monday, August 22, 2011

The drive back to reality

Well, the five or six of you out there who have been reading my blog may have noticed my absence this week.  Like I said in my previous posting, I was headed to Disney with my dad and my sisters, attempting to make something of the last week before eighth grade for my youngest sis.  Tonight we are in North Carolina, and tomorrow I will be home in New Jersey, just in time to start the new job on Wednesday.

Being more of an adult this trip than any of the other times I have been to Disney, I was very aware of the cost of everything involved. . . and I do mean everything. Reason number one I did not update the blog via our "resort" was that I would have had to pay per minute for the internet.  While I was in "the happiest place on Earth" I made a few observations: One, I will purchase plenty of water before stepping foot into an Disney labeled park, resort, store.  Two, I will not even consider taking my future children to Disney before the age of nine.  I know many people will disagree with that statement, but I saw way too many temper tantrums and miserable children to spend a couple thousand dollars on a trip they won't be able to recall when they are a teenager. 

Now wait, before you start to think I'm miserable and should just learn to enjoy myself, I want to let you know that I did.  Disney is a lot of fun, and though I have been there quite a few times, I look forward to going quite a few times more.  I am already planning my next trip down with my husband who has never been before.  I think it is always exciting to go with someone who has never been before.  It is like going for the first time yourself, all over again. 

This time, since I will be in charge of the planning, I am going to do some intense research, in an attempt to get the best bang for our buck.  I will be sure to keep you all informed of great websites and deals I encounter along my planning adventure.  Likewise, if you know of any ways to see Disney on a dime, please share!  As of now, I think we are looking at September 2012, and want to stay at Wilderness Lodge resort.  I am really trying to stick with finding frugal ways to enjoy life.  I have been using coupons as much as I can and have been avoiding purchasing anything at full price.  I think that regardless of how much money you do or don't have, you should be a smart shopper.  People pay so much more than they should for things, but there are too few who put the effort in to decrease what they pay at the register. 

Back to where I started this blog; I get back home tomorrow, and start the new job on Wednesday.  I know there isn't much to say about a job I haven't started yet, but I don't know that I am all that broken up about not teaching this year.  Don't get me wrong, I love teaching, and if I got a phone call tomorrow, I would most likely jump at the opportunity.  It is what I know, and what I went to school for.  However, that being said, I am really looking forward to trying something new.  Who knows, I may find out I love something even more, I won't know unless I try. 

Until next time

No comments:

Post a Comment