Saturday, August 27, 2011

I ain't dancing in this rain... Hurricane Irene edition!

After hour four of watching the weather reports on Hurricane Irene, I am convinced that my house will either be a convertible or under water by this time tomorrow.  The husband has told me at least five times to change the channel because he is sick of me yelling "oh no!" from another room.  Hopefully, by the time the roof gets ripped off the house, I will be so drunk that I laugh about it instead of scream and cry. 

This just in: we get to be on the watch for tornadoes too!  So, we started the week with an earthquake, and we are finishing we a hurricane and tornadoes... I will like to know who screwed up in the Mid Atlantic area of the country, because someone is obviously pissed. 

Anyway, not what I planned on blogging about today, but those of you in my area understand... people have gone insane.  I went to the Wegman's yesterday to grab some things for dinner on my way home from work: big mistake.  Anyone who shops in a Wegman's knows, it is a popular place, you walk in the door expecting a crowd.  I have never experienced such a thing in all my life.  I pretty much expected everyone to be grabbing their water and bread, but they were grabbing EVERYTHING.  The Wegman's was out of onions... ONIONS. 

My next blog will probably be pictures of the disaster... or just pictures of me drunkenly "Dancing in the Rain" (like what I did there?)  Until then, I am going to call it a wrap... before I lose power.

Stay safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment