Friday, August 12, 2011

A nun, a job, and a bulletin board...


Today's post is going to be a short one.  I just wanted to give you a quick update, since I know you have all been waiting patiently to find out what's been going on in my life.  I did end up going back to the thrift store yesterday to get that picture frame I had my eye on.  It was a rustic goldish color, until I got my hands on it.  I went right from the thrift store to the AC Moore, because I have decided I will do the projects as quick as I can, or I won't do them at all.  After some spray paint, and some cork, the frame is now a beautiful cork board.  I think it looks great, if I do say so myself.


The next project is going to be a new fireplace screen.  We have a wire curtain thing now, which just lets hot and cold air flow freely in and out of the house; not ideal.  I found a cheap fireplace screen with glass doors on craigslist for $25.  So, instead of paying the $350 for a new one, I am going to find some fire resistant black paint and give the old brass screen a new life. Before and after pictures will be posted! :-)

You are probably wondering where the nun and the job come onto the scene since I jumped right into the bulletin board.  I met up with my great friend Katie and the infamous Sister Karen for lunch in Pennsylvania, and it was a great time.  Sister Karen is the sweetest woman I've ever met, and it was great catching up.  Ah, to be in a convent again (yes, I lived in a convent for two years; no, I've not for one second ever considered becoming a nun).  I think my body did not enjoy the cafeteria food... Katie, how did your body take it?

After lunch I got a phone call from the hubs wondering where my job interview was, which was scheduled at 5:00.  I said "somewhere around Mt. Laurel, thinking I'd have plenty of time".  I then check my phone to realize it is in Exton, Pennsylvania.  So, I fly back to Jersey, change clothes, and fly back to Pennsylvania.  I really hope the interview went well, but I can never tell about these things. 

Now it is time for me to go... spending the evening snuggled on the couch with the birthday boy.  Wondering what will happen if I take two five hour energy's... I may need it tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment