Monday, August 15, 2011

Another Baseball Birthday

It was a pretty fun weekend with the husband, as we celebrated his birthday pretty much the whole time.  Saturday we went to the Phillies game, which has come to be something we look forward to every summer.  We have been on a streak this year, seeing a win every time we go.  To keep the baseball birthday going, we had friends over on Sunday to celebrate.  I always love playing hostess, so I made meatballs, pasta salad, and a baseball birthday cake.  It worked out well, even though it was originally planned to be a birthday cookout.  Man, it sure has been raining like crazy the past few days.

When we weren't partying, my dad was up helping get the bedroom closet done.  I am so excited because it is finally time to sand, paint, and call to get the carpet installed!  I will be sure to show you all the before and after transformation of the bedroom.  I am so excited, mainly because I picture in my head how something is going to look, but usually do a terrible job explaining it, so when it is finished, I just hope that it looks like it does in my mind.  It was pretty much the same thing with my wedding reception, and that turned out just like I pictured. :-)

Along the same lines, I have decided that I am going to attempt a "project of the week".  This weeks project is going to be painting the bedroom, and next weeks project is going to be a new fireplace screen for under $30 (Thank you Craigs List). Also on the project list is a job... I need one, and preferably before my next car payment is due.  I had a third interview with a company today, and now I am just crossing my fingers. 

Hopefully I will get one more post up before the impromtu trip to Disney World.  We leave Thursday.  I am pretty excited, mixed with wish my mom and my hubby were going too.  Regardless, Disney is always a good time!

No comments:

Post a Comment