Tuesday, August 2, 2011

What's your name again?

Today I embarked on the extreme adventure of changing my last name (as far as the government paperwork is concerned).  As if having to sit at the DMV isn't enough of a test of any ones patience, I had to start at the Social Security office, then proceed to the DMV.  After a very pleasant woman there told me I needed my birth certificate, when indeed I did not, I just went to a different DMV; one that said woman was not at, and one that I did not need my birth certificate at. 

After spending most of my day changing who I am, I decided to get everything done while I was out and visit the grocery store.  Since last nights dinner of shrimp tacos with homemade guacamole was such a success (and really good! Let me know if you want the recipe), I decided to try something different.  . . . I spent nearly an hour standing in the middle of Acme trying to think of something "Weight Watcher friendly" that my husband would eat.  We are going all American tonight!  Mushroom and swiss turkey burgers with Mac & Cheese and a cucumber salad (ok, and guacamole again... love that stuff!)  Of course, as I sit here I am eating the equivalent of an entire watermelon, but it's zero points, so I'm diving in!

I came home to a wagging dog in a quite house, like I usually do.  I think if my dog could talk he would say, "Ah, I am so glad you are home!! And, now I am going to go lay back down."  I think he needs a girlfriend.

Determined to be super-productive, like a good at home wife should be (I'm being sarcastic), I decided to finish painting the guest room.  I don't know why we have a guest room... it's looking really nice... maybe we will have to have some guests over sometime.  Anyone? I get so excited to start new projects, or to change little details to make the house completely our design, but then as soon as the paint brush is in my hand and I have put just enough on the wall that there is no turning back, I think "this is never as much fun as I think it will be".  Yet, the end result is pretty awesome every time.  Sunday when I was painting, the scary thought went through my head "why am I painting over the blue... what if we have a boy in a few years, I don't want to paint this room again!"  I guess if that were to happen I could always use pregnancy as an excuse to get someone else to paint it.

Now, I am just waiting for the paint to dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment