Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Under the Weather

I know that I named my blog "Dancing in the rain", and since it rained all day I should be exhausted from all the dancing.  Not the case.  A better name for today's blog would be Under the Weather.  In the battle of allergies verses Amanda, the allergies won.  I still feel like the cartoon in the Sudafed commercial (the one that was on about ten years ago). 

Regardless of the fact that my nose doubled as a faucet, I still went out and attempted to do something before I leave my husband and dog to fend for themselves for five days.  It seemed that the weather that I was under was similar to the rain cloud that follows Eeyore.  That rain caused me the power to go out in Target.  I think I'd be okay if that never happens to me again.  Anyway, I got home and was able to put the finishing touches on the guest room.  Another room done (well, I need to hang a picture or two).


Other than that, boring day. I probably should pack and go to bed.  I am headed to Kentucky tomorrow with my sister to celebrate my grandpa's 90th birthday.  Ninety years, can you think of all the things he and my grandmother have witnessed.  Just to give you an idea, the day my grandpa turned 13, Adolf Hitler became commander-and-chief of Germany.  All the technology that we "just can't live without" our grandparents actually lived without.  Just makes me think what the next few generations will think of me and how I grew up.

No comments:

Post a Comment