Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Where have I been?

I know, I know, you all missed my posts terribly.  I feel like I haven't had any "me" time the past few months to sit and post.  Honestly though, I think it has been planned that way.  My hubby has been such a great support, but as part of his support tactics, he has tried his best not to leave me to my own devises.  I still find it very difficult to sit in quietness and not let my thoughts focus on life without mom.  Life without mom is hard; actually much more than hard, but I don't think there is a word for it.  There are so many times I want to pick up the phone to ask her how she is, or her opinion.  She always was so good at giving me advice, and if she didn't have any she would just say "I don't know baby, you'll figure it out".  Anyway... let's change the subject. 

Happy, Happy, Happy.

So many things are coming up on our oh so busy social calendar.  Since we have so much coming up, we are trying our best to budget accordingly.  Therefore, it is back to business with the couponing.  With a full time job and essentially a one day weekend, it has been nearly impossible to find time to dedicate to couponing/ shopping.  I contemplated doing a few couponing trips during my lunch break at work, but I was worried it would take me more than an hour, and I didn't want to lug my loot home on the train. 

Today it was back to the couponing grind.  I did pretty well, and even had the cashier impressed (which I thought was funny because he was a miserable teenager).  While I did spend money on the things that I can never seem to find a coupon for, I did manage to get a lot of things for free.  When you coupon, you learn quickly that every penny counts, especially when you add up all the pennies you save.  Today I saved one hundred dollars in my shopping trip.  I look at that as essentially adding to my salary for the day, since that is money I would've spent on our groceries. I taught a few people at work today that when trying to plan a coupon trip, the easiest thing to do is google the store for matchups (i.e: Walgreens matchups 2/5).  There are so many great blogs that put all the information out there for you, all you need to do is print, clip, and shop!

Ok, so I didn't really have anything to write about today, I just thought it had been a while, so I would say something. 

How about that Pinterest? Addicting?  I think so!

I will try to post again soon with an actually topic in mind.

2 comments:

  1. Love you and miss you so much! I am so glad I found this blog! I am trying to plan a extreme couponing trip for my trip to the beach this summer! I read all of your post and your new house looks great! Can't wait to see what you post in the future! Could you possibly tell me you Pinterest name so I can follow you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Courtney! I added a 'follow me on Pinterest' button to the blog since I can't figure out how to find people. I have been following your blog as well (you are so talented). Talk to you soon! :-)

      Delete